Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Take This Waltz Review

Whoops I've missed the past few days... oh well, I'm only human! I've just been doing blog a lot in April instead. Here's my review that I scrawled into my little notebook at school. Enjoy! Check out Take This Waltz on Netflix Instant! (they are not paying me for this but if they are looking for help.. I'm available!)

I adore Netflix, with all of the films and television shows they have on instant, I can easily have something to do and now have a very large Instant Queue. I have films in there that I say I'll get around to watching yet I haven't yet... (*Cough cough* Lost In Translation *cough cough*). So recently I chose to watch a film called Take This Waltz, starring Michelle Williams, Seth Rogen, and Luke Kirby. It follows the life of a happily married woman who toys with the idea of having an affair with her neighbor.

From that description, I thought I'd never enjoy it and feel a lack of sympathy for our main character, Margot. I wrongly assumed that I would view her as unlikable and bitchy yet as I was watching I saw how human and flawed she was, making her so relatable that I was disappointed with myself for being so judgmental.

The soundtrack of the film is so wonderful as are the shots/scenes. Sarah Polley wrote and directed the film and it hasn't left my mind since I watch it. Video Killed the Radio Star has also been stuck in my head and I just find myself thinking about the story over and over and over again. The cast is wonderful like Sarah Silverman as Margot's sister-in-law and without a doubt Seth Rogen's performance was amazing. I already love Seth Rogen and I was so concerned that he would just be the funny jerky friend in the movie that when I saw him as a half of a newly married couple with Michelle Williams, it was hard to believe. Rogen and Williams both portray the issues and struggles that a young married couple might face, extremely well. Their troubles are real and as you watch you don't think of it as being just a film. As you are captivated by this film you don't know what you want Margot to do with her life and choices.

I'm not going to give anything away as to what happens but I recommend watching it. Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment